Tuesday, March 30, 2010

deep deep DEEP in the trenches

sEEING sIDEWAYS - class reaction

yesterday was a very serious day for those who had yet to present their experiments. For those of us who were there, no recap is needed. For those of you who weren't, I am not at liberty to share these experiments. Shortly thereafter in an unforeseen transition, we spent the rest of the class discussing (or I should say everyone ELSE) the points of various religions. However, I noticed that it quickly turned into a bashing session. Offensive things were said....MANY offensive things were said. I watched the banter go back in forth under the darkened rim of my hat with a strange combination of both curiosity and mental anguish.

I've always found people to be...interesting; the way they talk about things they do not understand. How, in the same breath, they will speak in a tone of superiority and authority but admit that what they speak on is still blurry to them. But then again, you don't know you need glasses until you put on a pair for the first time.

Believe me, I could write paragraphs on the subject if I desired, but I do not wish to stir up a hornets nest. The point of any of this is not to prove who is right, but what is true. I know what is true not because I consider myself any better, smarter, or wiser than anyone else. But because I know the One who knows the truth. And He's kept it crystal clear for me for the last 21 years. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Chris

p.s. In the words of Craig Ferguson, "I look forward to your emails." :-P

1 comment:

  1. If you need to vent about it you know where to find me. Sometimes typing about it just doesn't cut it.

    ReplyDelete