Sunday, April 4, 2010

the REEL me

I sat and brainstormed this weekend and looked at the things that I identify myself with; the priorities in my life that make up the fabric of my personality. I then decided to list them here, in no particular order.

1. Goofball
Alot of people see me as a goofball. (I'm sure after my vocal performance for class a couple weeks ago, the entire class sees me that way as well.) I get a real kick from making other people smile, laugh, chuckle, or just point at me and laugh. Part of it is just me looking around at what people ARENT doing, figure they won't expect it if I do it, then do it, hoping for a laugh. Sometimes I fall flat on my face, but then again, who doesn't?

2. Responsible
Ok, I know this one is REALLY subjective and I never think at any time that am "responsible" (in a superior sense), but rather am constantly striving for it. It's necessary for my job, my grades, and my capstone. Something my dad always said when I was still in high-school: (I paraphrase) The world is full of people who don't want to work. So learn to apply yourself just alittle and do a hard day's work, and you will always have a job.

3. A Strong Christian
This is one is actually my top priority (but once again, I said I would list them in no particular order). It's like a filter, a funnel. Everything I say or do or think needs to run through this filter at all times. As a Christian, I represent my Lord and Savior. Everything action I take...every decision I make...reflects on Him. This is why I always do my best to apply this to every area of my life. Some of you may have noticed this. Some of you may not. Some of you may not care. Any you're the ones I've got my sights set on, so to speak. ;-p

4. A filmmaker.
If you didn't notice in my little profile-ma-bob off to the left hand side, I like to make movies! In a world full of circumstances outside of my control, being the writer, director, and editor for a film, provides me the chance to create a real imaginary world; one in which I am in complete control. Not only of the characters and circumstances, but if you are watching my film, you have entered my world. And for 90 minutes....I control you too.


Lately I noticed something interesting: We pour ourselves into our work (unintentionaly most of the time.). EXAMPLE: I have running preproduction for a feature-length movie that I'll be doing for capstone. During a recent read of the script for this project, it dawned on me that I had written the entire story about me and my recent events. I had poured my identity into my work without even realizing it. It will provide an interesting basis for future experiments of this nature. Keep it Reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment